Why RF Microneedling is Safer and More Effective
Microneedling is a cosmetic treatment providing collagen induction therapy with ultrafine needles puncturing the skin. Most often the treatment is done on the face, while treatment options are increasing for other body parts.
Microneedling treatments can provide benefits for the following issues.
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Acne scarring
- Sun damage
- Stretch marks
Microneedling is a rising trend offering with multiple options. Not all microneedle treatments are the same, some being safer and more effective than others. Here is an explanation of options and why microneedling with Radiofrequency as performed in an office trained by a Board Certified Dermatologist is your best option:
Microneedling is a device with multiple sterile needles that are pricked into the skin causing tiny punctures. This small puncture is s tiny wound trying to signal your body to create new collagen. If used with serums or other stimulants applied during the process benefit may be enhanced.
Microneedling + PRP
Microneedling with platelet-rich plasma (PRP) is where your own natural derived growth factors are applied during the treatment. Your blood is drawn and separated retrieve plasma enriched with your platelets (full of growth factors for wound healing), which is then incorporated into the microneedling treatment. The treatment option once again limited by the size of the needle wounds Depending on the aggressiveness of the treatment more bruising and downtime may occur.
Microneedling + Radiofrequency
The RF Microneedling treatments used at Desjarlais Aesthetic Center is a device that uses a matrix of tiny needles that can be precisely controlled to different depths of the skin and lower fascial layers The wound created in the targeted layer is created by heat at the tip of the pin by burst radiofrequency energy. This controlled wound in the target tissue results in many fold increase in healing reaction. Dr. Desjarlais and his team recommend RF microneedling over traditional for the following reasons:
1. Safer with little to no Downtime
2. Treats a Wider Range of Cosmetic Concerns
3. More Effective at Stimulating Collagen Production
4. Customizable Treatment
5. Because of the heat to aid in skin tightening, it can provide results not seen with other needle treatments
Why You Should Avoid Microneedling at Home
As mentioned before with this cosmetic trend on the rise, there are a number of devices readily available at ones finger tips to avoid. Derma rollers are simply capable of performing superficial treatments and little to no collagen production. These microneedling pens have reports of scarring, infection, post inflammatory pigmentation and bleeding. Those at home may not be know how to control and will require medical intervention.
Microneedling, like any treatment that penetrate the skin, has the risk of side effects, and needs to be done under the supervision of a certified medical team. Here are some important factors to consider:
1. Medical offices can provide better pain management.
2. You can’t adjust the depth and speed of the devices utilized at home. It’s easy to misjudge the depth of that skinand the necessary pressure to achieve good results. If you over-do it, you could cause serious harm to your face.
3. Using a microneedle tool at home opens up the opportunity for infection and can deliver bacteria into the skin. They require a level of disinfection that’s tough to attain with home care. You can also “trigger” skin conditions that you don’t know you had like shingles or cold sores.
4. You don’t experience the accuracy and results compared to the energy based treatments performed by trained technicians.
5. Overtime you could be using dull equipment that decreases accuracy and increases the chance for infection and other side effects.
Because traditional and at-home microneedling devices are not nearly as effective at stimulating collagen or tightening the skin, it is not the best procedure if you want glowing, clear, beautiful skin. The team at Desjarlais Aesthetic Center has the knowledge, experience, and advanced equipment to deliver better and safer results then other microneedling providers within Lenawee County.